Tuesday 1 March 2011

Paying homage to Jane Russell

As I Stumbled though the web this afternoon, looking for a little inspiration for a blog post, I came across a news article revealing that Jane Russell died today, aged 89. Those of you not fans of old movies might not have a clue who she is, but I vividly remember her in one of my favourite Marilyn Monroe silver screen moments; Gentleman Prefer Blondes.

To enlighten you, here is a little clip from YouTube of the two gals shimmying on stage together in some fabulous get-up. Jane Russell is the one who is not blonde (for those of you who have been living in solitude and don't know what Marilyn Monroe looks like...) Today, I think men all over the world should proclaim that Gentlemen Prefer Brunettes, in honour of Jane.


No comments:

Post a Comment