Monday 24 January 2011

Hooray For Community!

One more thing I have to add about Roberts Creek is their artistic talents. As I've explained in previous posts, it's a quaint litte creative place, where you can do yoga by the sea and shop organic to your heart's content. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I came across this beauty:



The Mandala as it was finished in 2008
 I know, wowza! This is the Roberts Creek Community Mandala, an ongoing community art project, located mext to the pier. It is painted every year over the space of five days, and anyone is welcome to come and join with their artistic flare. It is joined with a music festival on it's completion a day or two after the painting has been completed, presumable so it can dry! If you find yourself in the area in July, check out the info here to get stuck in.

I'll let the picture speak for themselves...


No comments:

Post a Comment